Course Description – TBR (32 downloads) Training from the Back of the Room (TBR), by Sharon Bowman, is a set of resources, techniques, and principles based on leveraging the way our brains work to design a training event that has maximum learning impact.
In recent years, the Agile Community has made TBR an essential reference for all training and coaching professionals who want to teach courses that really achieve their goal; to help students learn.
However, TBR training is not just oriented toward training instructors, but also to speakers, Scrum Masters, agile coaches, and in general anyone who speaks in public and wants to better convey their message by getting the audience involved. Our parent company, Netmind, has been an official TBR trainer since April 2017.
- Explain and define the most current brain science on human learning: information that is directly applicable to all instruction, whether in classrooms, one-on-one or virtually (OpenClass).
- Apply “The Six Trumps”– six learning principles based on brain science that will significantly enhance learning and retention, regardless of the content being taught.
- Recognize these six principles of learning in action.
- Use these principles in any learning environment.
- Combine brain science and technology to improve learning by using both creativity and collaboration.
- Access new resources that will expand your knowledge of the most current brain science on human learning.
- Utilize the trainer’s tool bag of practical tips and activities: a collection of the best practices that you created during the training program.
- For agile trainers and Scrum trainers: Combine the Agile and Scrum processes and principles with Accelerated Learning to create collaborative, interactive, fun, and memorable learning experiences.